Running a live lead under panneling on a SEAT Inca

Home Forums Project Help Running a live lead under panneling on a SEAT Inca

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Admin 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Wally
    Keymaster

I ran the live for a reversing camera to the light above the back doors. The camera worked beautifully, but because the light is always live the camera drained the battery over the course of a weekend.
    I need therefore to run the live to one of the fuses under the dash or, if it’s easier, to a fuse in the engine compartment so I only get power to the camera when the ignition is on.
    I have never taken interior panels off before so would welcome some help/advice in doing so.
    Hoping we have that talent in the Shed 🙂
    Thanks,

Wally

Wally
    Keymaster

I got help today (Sunday) from Roy. We ran the wires under panels and carpet and came up underneath the dashboard. Roy popped the radio out and we soldered the live and earth (those two should be equal length or the camera can give decidedly bad images – according to the installation docs for the camera) onto the appropriate wires from the radio plugs.

Roy
    Participant

Did you get the radio back out and the buzz sorted Wally?

Wally
    Keymaster

Not yet Roy.
    I’m going to do it tomorrow 4 sure!

Believe it or not but the noise is reducung day by day – must be soimething to do with bits settling in. I’m not ging to wait forever until it completely rights itself though.

Admin
    Keymaster

Beleive it or not Roy, the noise has backed off till there’s no noise there any more. 😊
    Not complaining mind you, just surprised.

Roy
    Participant

Glad the noise is gone!

Admin
    Keymaster

A bit worrying that it starred at all though. And what has happened to make it stop?
    Everything’s still working so I shouldn’t worry really I suppose 😁😁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.